Integrating the PreK-8 Curriculum
with Digital Microscopes
Receive a 6-week Loan of a Handheld Digital Microscope w/ Option to Purchase
★ New One Credit Course. Hybrid Instruction
★ 3 Face-to-Face Meetings at RIC
★ Wed. 5/1, 5/15, 6/12 ★ 4:30 - 6:30 PM
★ 1.5 CEUs (15 hours) or graduate credit
★ To register, see registration procedures in the flyer (p. 2)
★ Learning Outcomes:
- Create an integrated unit and a series of lesson plans aligned with Common Core State Standards and school/district standards in science, mathematics, language arts, reading, and art.
- Learn to operate different features of a handheld digital microscope to enhance observation and measure small objects.
- Develop skills for capturing still, video, time-lapse images; measuring the distance, area, angle of small objects; and using
side-by-side feature to observe and compare two small objects.
- Understand how to teach with a digital microscope with fun, engaging science, math, language arts, reading, and art
digital microscope activities.
- Learn about connections to children’s literature and other teacher resources.
★ For more information, contact the instructor,
Dr. Macgregor Kniseley, Professor
e-mail: mkniseleyric [dot] edu">mkniseleyric [dot] edu